Everyone loves pizza! Once you make authentic Italian pizza baked in a wood-burning brick oven, no other pizza compares. Moist and tender with a light, crisp crust, real Italian pizza bursts with flavor. The special sauce gives all the goodness that only Italian tomatoes possess, slightly sweet, slightly tart, intense. It's perfect for nutritious savory toppings of fresh seasonal vegetables, prosciutto di Parma, speck, sausage, salame, seafood, buffalo mozzarella, creamy gorgonzola, fragrant basil leaves and arugula.
Learn professional recipes and techniques from our extraordinary Amalfitano chef. From beginning-to-end, he teaches you all you need to know in making the two classic types of Italian pizza, Sicilian and Neapolitan. Whether you bake pizza in a regular gas or electric oven, or wood-burning oven, you learn professional tricks-of-the-trade while making different yeast doughs, sauces and layering with toppings. You make the best pizza you've ever tasted!
Emilia-Romagna is the fascinating culinary region that produces world famous Parmigiano-Reggiano and balsamic vinegar. We travel through our lovely countryside for private visits with Regional Culinary Artisans who produce these products. Called "The Gastronomic Capital of Italy" by Italians, Bologna is a great place to improve your Italian cooking skills and mangia bene!
- You participate in four private hands-on cooking classes with our professional Italian chef in a pizzeria - an incredible experience!
- You learn professional techniques for all stages of the two classic types of pizza, Sicilian and Neapolitan. A rare opportunity, you learn the art of making pizza from beginning to end with the chef in his Italian pizzeria.
- Make slow-rising thin crust and quick-rising thick crust, the two classic pizza doughs. Practice professional techniques with the pizzaiolo developing your skill. Make it as classic or as artisanal as you desire, creating your own signature pizza.
- Pizza dough is used in such delightful, creative ways in Italy. As a special bonus, our chef shares his favorite family recipes with you transforming this simple dough into schiacciata, coronetto and fried pizza!
- Wood-burning ovens add that unforgettable fragrant note to pizza and bread. With the chef you learn the art of building the wood fire and tricks for maintaining even heat so your pizza bakes perfectly.
- Bake loaves of crusty Italian bread in our wood-burning oven.
- Make gnocchi! Forget boring cheese sauce served with it. Our Mediterranean seafood sauce transforms this primo piatto into a stellar dish!
- Shop in Bologna's famous outdoor food market and specialty stores for authentic regional products.
- Dine in the best traditional restaurant of Bologna.
- You'll love our day excursion devoted to Regional Culinary Artisans and the world-famous products they make, Parmigiano-Reggiano and aged balsamic vinegar. Meet our award-winning friends and taste their specialties on-site.
- Modena joins Bologna in being a destination food city. As the Italian center for balsamic vinegar, Modena's restaurants feature dishes showcasing it in creative ways. Our multi-course lunch is prepared specially for us by one of the foremost chefs in the world. This is a culinary experience to remember!