Join us for our incredible week of cooking in Bologna, the Gastronomic Capital of Italy, and Alba,
the White Truffle Capital of Italy. Italy’s white truffle is considered by experts to be the most
delectable truffle in existence. We begin our week of cooking, wine and truffles in Bologna
in Emilia-Romagna. Then onto Piedmont for wines, hunting fresh truffles, Alba’s White Truffle Fair and dining in exceptional restaurants. We’ll savor every delectable moment! Our course concludes in Milan ~ favolosa!
- You’ll participate in three private hands-on cooking classes with professional Italian chefs in Bologna and one private demonstration class with a Michelin-star chef in Alba — an incredible experience!
- Bologna is famous for its fresh pasta. Learn the secrets for making fresh egg pasta in the time-honored traditional Bolognese method with our professional sfoglina.
- Learn fabulous Italian dishes you will proudly make at home! Our professional preparation and cooking techniques are unique, easy to follow and proven to make you an even better cook. You’ll make vegetable l’antipasti, pasta by hand, ragu bolognese, gnocchi, luscious secondi of meat and game, wine sauces that are sure to please, seasonal fresh vegetable contorni and dolci. You’ll love every bite paired with great wines!
"The October Truffle Festival was simply extraordinary. The food we cooked was wonderful, the settings were breathtaking, and the truffle hunt - what a great holiday!" ~ Colleen & Peter T., California
- We want you to have the best cooking course experience. Learning Italian cooking in Bologna and Piedmont is not limited to just cooking in the kitchen. It includes shopping in local markets, meeting Regional Culinary Artisans, a winemaker, a highly-experienced truffle hunter and tasting signature dishes in the best restaurants.
- Shop in famous outdoor markets and specialty stores for authentic regional products in Bologna and Alba.
- Taste fresh truffles and truffle products, plus great cooking and serving ideas.
- You’ll love our excursion highlighting Regional Culinary Artisans who make Parmigiano-Reggiano and prized culatello. Meet our award-winning friends and taste their specialties on-site.
Onto Piedmont for three days, Italy’s esteemed wine region of Barolo, called “The King of Wines and the Wine of Kings”. It’s the perfect time celebrating La Vendemmia and the White Truffle Fair in Alba. You’re sure to fall in-love with this charming city nestled among the Langhe Hills.
- Private cellar tour at an award-winning winery. During our wine tasting with this renowned enologist, discuss the current harvest. You’ll be sipping a little bit of history-in-the-making.
"Thanks for a very enjoyable food adventure. I ate like a king and had a great time seeing Italy through your eyes." ~ Mark S., Capetown, South Africa
- Only for us ~ Exclusive demonstration class with Alba’s best Michelin chef. Dinner is paired with wonderful boutique wines creating a memorable evening “all in the family”.
- La Fiera Internazionale del Tartufo Bianco d’Alba ~ Alba’s famous annual International White Truffle Fair. Meet with an expert, a good friend of Mary Beth’s, who helps us purchase the best fresh truffles at reasonable prices. Plus truffle sauces, truffle oils, truffle slicers.
- Private truffle hunt ~ you'll always remember finding your first white truffle!
- Dinner at a luxurious restaurant of Piedmont, with wonderful service and classic specialties for our multi-course food-and-wine paired Grand Finale.